This summer I interned at B+T Group in Tulsa, OK. They design mounts and structures for cell phone towers. My role was as an IT support specialist to support employees’ computers and data center equipment.
- Installed and configured company Ubiquiti Wi-Fi network using proper channel striping, security, and TX/RX power levels
- Conducted 3 network closet inspections and renovations for company VOIP and Server infrastructure
- Assisted in the implementation of a new DELL SonicWALL 4600 with security zones for Wi-Fi, data servers, and VOIP
- Created presentation about company network infrastructure upgrades for C-level management.
- Trained 2 existing employees on layer 1, 2, and 3 terminology and functionality
- Configured 7 Dell and Cisco network switches and installed fiber optic line to secondary network closet