I interned with the Network Infrastructure team at the U of A for 1.5 years, working during the semester between classes. The team was full of self-starters who were eager to pass down knowledge. I took a break from this job to intern at B+T group for the summer as well.
- Install and manage Cisco wireless access points and process Cisco Prime analytics for troubleshooting
- Designed and built a test network containing 3 juniper switches fiber optic connections with ethernet and fiber LAG, a Juniper firewall, four network zones, a web server, wireless connectivity, DHCP server, and Splunk Syslog server from scratch
- Created and implemented a method for downgrading, configuring, and installing UPS backups to ensure continuous network functionality, greatly reducing install time. Delegated tasks to other workers to troubleshoot and resolve current UPS issues
- Install Juniper network switches in production and student residence network closets
- Usage of network analysis tools including Cisco Prime, Chanalyzer, Ekahau, WhatsUp Gold, Infoblox DHCP servers, and Splunk and Fluke Networks fiber and copper diagnostic tools
- Working towards Cisco CCENT/ICND1 and JNCIA certifications